Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Down goes another record store...






down goes another record store.
Last time it was Modern Mediums just outside of Fountain Square.
Downtown Luna Records was before that.
Missing Link left a whole in my heart.
Rockin' Billy's. Alpha Records. Karma Greenwood.
It used to be you could plot a whole day of digging in naptown but the end is coming slow like cancer.
No more 5 booths in one flea market. No more mom and pop music stores.
The internet is great for getting what you want but sorely lacking in the "Hunt".
There is just something great about flipping through untold crapola to find something that touches you and gives you what you need in your ear and mind.
Maybe I am an old coot/fart/curmudgeon, but the search is where it's at for me.
So this is my tip o' the Fez to those that died in battle.
It was a pleasure wasting time with you all and I hope someone who cared got the records.
Notice I didn't use this as a anti-corporate rant??
Probably because i also dug through countless Coconuts/Turtles/Peaches/National Record Marts/Camelots/K-marts/Woolco's/ and anywhere else i could get my musical fix.
So go buy something from whatever is left before you don't have a choice except pushing your Ebay button and paying 20 bucks for something you could find for a dollar.



2 comments:

  1. Frogs was located at 30th and College. I saw people living in the apartment above it yesterday. Are you sure it was Frogs that got tore down? I ride past it every day and it was still standing when I came to work this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i always mix thiose 2 up. i will make a slight revision, haha but fully back my sentiments!!!

    rip

    ReplyDelete